Notes (Chapter 9)
- As compared to results from ISSP, the International Social Survey Programme.
- The "fear factor" is especially pronounced among secular men
in Gaza. In Gaza 35% of secular men versus only 2% of religious activists
state that they are concerned what people might do to a women who appears
without a head scarf.
- Rema Hammami, personal communication.
- M. Shadid and R. Seltzer, "Political attitudes of Palestinians in
the West Bank and Gaza Strip", The Middle East Journal, vol.42 no.1,
- The results could also suggest that Israeli authorities have arrested
a disproportionate number of Palestinian nationalists.