Notes (Chapter 3)
- The sums of income types of "main importance" vary
from 105 to 115% across different areas and socio-economic groups.
- In Gaza the Special Hardship Case Program as of
present comprises approximately 12 000 refugee families.
- The classification "no labour-force member" refers
to the last week prior to the survey, while main income types refer to a
somewhat longer time period.
- It should be noted that the investigation of the
typical time sequence for selling gold and other savings, or taking up
debt and credits have been made from 6 pair vise relations
between the four measures.
Variations in disposition rights between the elements of net household
wealth (for example women's role in disposition of jewelry) have not
been taken into account. Finally we assume that the basic conditions for
using the various meassures, e.g. the interest rates, or the price of
gold, have not been dramatically changed since the Gulf War.
- See figure 3.5 (page 82) for relation between
number of "discourages" and unemployed workers and household size.