The tents of Ein el Helwe refugee camp in 1953|
The camp, which was located at the site of a British army camp from WWII, had then housed about 15 000 Palestinian refugees for 4 years. Another 5 000 were in a smaller camp on the brow of the hill in front of Mieh-ou-mieh village overlooking Ein el Helwe. Compare this picture with the situation in 1995. The camp now houses about 75 000 people.
- Børre Ludvigsen