| Language and Litterature|
(See the general Language and
- Information sources
- Bibliotheques et Conservation du Patrimoine Graphique
- Dar El Ilim Lilmalayin
- The oldest and largest leading privately owned publishing
and distributing house of arabic books and educational materials in
the arab world.
- Marilyn Stafford
- A Photographic Journey through Lebanon in the Sixties
- Notes from the
Minefield: United States Intervention in lebanon and the Middle
East, 1945 - 1958
- By Irene L. Gendzier, Columbia University Press,
New York 1997 ISBN 0-231-10474-X
books on Lebanon
- Lebanon on
Hold - Implications for Middle East Peace
- Edited by Rosemary Hollis and Nadim Shehadi.This
collection of analytical essays highlights critical issues at stake
for Lebanon and the peace process as seen by 16 international specialists
in the wake of the April War.
- Librarie du Liban
- Books about
the war, history and some bibliography on Lebanon
- Also contains civil war timelines.
- "Al Tariq
al Jadid" - The New Way - Lebanese elementary school reading
book from 1938.
- The Modern Standard
- The Arabic
Proverbs and folktales
- A Dictionary
of Modern Lebanese Proverbs
- From Anis Freyha
- Alphaleb 1.0 for
transliteration of Lebanese dialects
to Alphaleb 1.0
placenames in Lebanon with map.
Beirut, the female, with apologies"
- Nizar Qabanis poem
- The Lebanese poet reading
his own poetry.
Jadid on Adonis - A Poet Responds: Some Further Remarks on Arabic
- By Etel Adnan
- "Dead Are My People" (written
in exile during the famine in Syria and Lebanon under World War I).
Tueni and George Schehad
- Al-Mukh!bbal of the Sa'd ibn Zayd-Manat
The Shades of Death Would Track Me Down"